When I was a young lass, my favorite place to eat was our local Chinese restaurant. It didn’t actually matter WHICH restaurant, just that it was Chinese. I would always order a chicken dish, and more often than not, it would be chicken with snow peas.
I glommed onto Chinese food for a few reasons. It didn’t make my belly ache like the other restaurants we would go to. And I didn’t have to worry about whether there would be cheese in something. Because as much as I hated cheese, I hated the feeling of sending my food back more.
I also loved being able to look at the menu and have 30+ options to choose from. Every other restaurant we went to, and it was hamburger and french fries. Or chicken fingers and french fries. And that. was. it.
So it’s not surprising that the kinds of foods I reach for week after week are Asian-inspired.
This recipe for chicken and snow peas is no different. It’s sweet and savory and filled with garlicky goodness. Oh, and if snow peas aren’t your thing, feel free to sub them for any other vegetables you can find.
Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes with this sweet and savory stir-fry.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tbs canola or safflower oil
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl or large measuring cup. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in snow peas and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, or until snow peas are crisp tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add in sauce and stir until chicken and snow peas are evenly coated.
- Serve atop steamed rice, noodles, or enjoy as is.
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, egg free, and corn free.