I wish I could take credit for this recipe. But, alas, I cannot. I found it over on GatheredTable, a recipe and meal planning resource that I’m a huge fan of. Mostly because I discovered their “More Beef Please” recipe, but also because it helped me stay organized and inspired when the inevitable food rut hits.
The thing I love most about this recipe is how freakin’ easy it is to make.
The other thing I love most about this recipe is how little time it takes to get dinner on the table. Which comes in handy when I have a hangry husband, a fussy toddler, and a growling belly of my own to feed.
The other other thing I love most about this recipe is that it’s hands down THE most flavorful and easiest beef recipe I have ever made.
Go make the beef.
And make your family happy.
This is hands down the easiest and most delicious beef recipe out there, taking a mere 15 minutes from start to finish.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1.5 lbs flank steak, cut into 1-inch strips and thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 medium lemon (or 2 tbs lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced into thick chunks
- In a large bowl, add flank steak, lemon juice, tamari, and water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in beef and lemon-soy sauce and continuing to sauté for another 3-5 minutes or until beef is browned on both sides.
- Serve hot!
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, corn free, and egg free.