Remember how awesome alphabet soup was as a kid? How fun it was to see what words would come up with each spoonful of alphabet-y goodness? Yeah. Being a kid rocked.
Fast Forward about 20 years, and the alphabet soup has had a make-over. Into something healthy, tomato-free, and actually good for you.
Thanks to the Quick-Fix Vegetarian Cookbook* for the inspiration!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz) can chick peas
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and saute for 3-5 minutes
- Add celery and carrots and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, peas, corn, and chickpeas.
- Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce heat back to medium.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente, about 10-15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot!
Nightshade free, dairy free, soy free, and egg free.