Apparently hell hath frozen over.
I am finally posting the recipe for these Apple Burgers after talking about them, taunting you (and myself) for
weeks months, and then not having a decent camera to document their gloriousness.
Hey. At least I got it up in time to celebrate the official beginning of summer and the beginning of burger season.
Enjoy it. Devour it. Make it every night this week, for all I care. Just make sure you have a great Memorial Day, m’kay.
A veggie burger with a twist: apples!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup panko or bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Grate apple (I did with skin still on, though you could always peel the apple first and then grate). Squeeze out juice, reserving liquid and set aside.
- In food processor, pulse cannellini beans and reserved apple juice (approximately 2 tbs) until smooth.
- Combine bean puree, grated apple, onions, and remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Serve atop your favorite bun, with your favorite accoutrements, and with a heaping side of veggies.
Nightshade free, dairy free, corn free, soy free, and egg free.