If you hadn’t noticed already, this has been the week for Bliss. Friday was the review of the Bliss Cleanse. Monday was all about hearing what bliss means to you. And today. Well, today is all about eating your bliss.
Yep. Eating. your. bliss.
And for the record, I totally just said the word bliss in the same exact sentence as quinoa and salad.
Every single day that I get to eat tomatoes is pure bliss for me. Particularly since I was avoiding them for, oh…three years.
But in all honesty, it’s not even about the tomatoes. The tomatoes are symbolic of feeling good in my body, of being healthy and full of energy.
This salad is a great entry into Spring.
It’s full of light, color, and vibrancy. It’s fresh with the lime-vinaigrette, crisp and juicy veggies, and fresh herbs. A welcome change from the heavy and starchy foods of the Fall and Winter.
It also happens to be one of the recipes for the Bliss Cleanse: Spring Cleansing Guide.
I’m already dreaming about what to pair this salad with.
Should it just sit atop a bed of fresh salad greens? Yes.
Should it be served up as a side next to something else? Probably.
Should it be devoured as is? Hell-to-the-yes.
So many options, so few meals in one day.
Because it may be a bit hard to talk with my mouth full…
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- Additional chopped vegetables of your choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa well with cool water in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- Add rinsed quinoa to sauce pan over low heat; stir with wooden spoon until all water has evaporated and grains emit a faint, roasted aroma.
- Add water and a pinch of salt; stir once to dislodge any grains that may be stuck to bottom of pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Let sit, covered, for about 5 minutes before fluffing with fork.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and serve room temperature.
Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, and Corn Free.