Remember that time when I told you I had a tomato?
Yeah. Me too.
In fact, going through the pictures, I am actually salivating. I can still remember the exact taste, texture, and feeling of ecstasy that each bite provided.
Think I’m exaggerating? Try not eating your favorite food on the planet for two whole years and then tell me what’s it’s like to have that first bite again.
Even if you have eaten tomatoes a bit more frequently, I’m fairly confident you will enjoy this dish just as much.
The fresh tomatoes are set up nicely with chickpeas, a little balsamic vinegar, garlic, and onions. A perfect combination, if I do say so myself.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 lb spaghetti (brown rice, whole wheat), cooked
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package, until al dente.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato and garlic, and saute 2 minutes more.
- Add pasta, basil, salt, pepper, and chickpeas; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Serve hot!
Dairy Free, Wheat Free*, Gluten Free*, Soy Free, Egg Free, and Corn Free.
*The wheat free and gluten free status of this recipe is dependent on your choice of pasta.