Clearly I’ve become obsessed with refrigerator oats.
They have certainly taken over more than just the top shelf in the fridge. They have also taken over my brain, my breakfast, and my Instagram feed.
And frankly, I couldn’t be happier. I think my body was getting tired of the toast and fruit combo I had been rocking for a solid year.
I will say that this flavor combination, while amazing, might be better served as a snack. Or dinner (heh). Or…anything but first thing in the morning.
First time I tried it was at breakfast. And it kind of gave me a belly ache. Second time, late evening
dinner snack with half of a banana sliced on top. Much better.
5 mins Prep Time
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs chocolate powder
- 1 tsp cane sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
- 1/2 banana, sliced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in order (except for the banana, if using) in a small glass container (covered pyrex, tupperware, mason jar, old jam jar, etc)
- Shake (or stir) to combine ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit over night.
- Take out for a snack (or dinner, whatevs), add your sliced banana, grab a spoon, and enjoy your delightfully decadent treat .
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, Corn Free. *If you are avoiding wheat and/or gluten, make sure to use Certified Gluten-Free Oats.