Apparently I’m on a muffin kick. I’ve made muffins three times in the last two weeks. I probably would have made more, but we couldn’t eat them fast enough.
This recipe came by request of The Hubster. He wanted blueberry muffins. And when The Hubster specifically asks for something, I feel almost obliged to make it. Considering he never asks for things. Even when I ask what he wants.
If you like these, make sure to thank The Hubster. If you don’t like them, you can blame him too.
Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup milk (rice, almond, cow)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Get muffin tin ready with liners or oil. Your pref.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Toss in blueberries and stir to coat with flour.
- Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups with mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from touch.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Nightshade free, dairy free, and soy free.
It would probably be a good idea to sprinkle a little sugar on top of the muffins. We didn’t. They were good, just not as sweet as traditional blueberry muffins. Which, may or may not be a good thing. I’ll let you decide.