It’s pretty common knowledge that chocolate and peanut butter are one of my most favorite flavor combination. Ever. I love it in peanut butter cups, ice cream, chunks of chocolate dipped in peanut butter. It doesn’t so much matter how the chocolate and the peanut butter go together, just so long as they do.
So when it came time to make another batch of homemade ice cream, chocolate and peanut seemed like a logical next step.
The original recipe came from Lick it! Creamy, dreamy, vegan ice creams your mouth will love. Many thanks to Book Publishing Company for sending me a copy.
3 hrPrep Time
35 minCook Time
3 hr, 35 Total Time
- 1 1/4 cup milk (rice, soy, almond, coconut)
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 (14-oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Prep ice cream maker bowl (ours takes 24 hours to freeze).
- Combine soy milk, sugar and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Warm on medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Put chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl (glass, pyrex) and pour hot milk mixture over it.
- Stir until chocolate melts and becomes smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and coconut milk.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When mixture is completely chilled, put in ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- About 5 minutes before ice cream is done, add in peanut butter and let mix in completely.
- Put in freezer until desired hardness is reached.
- Eat, lick, devour...enjoy!
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, egg free, and corn free. Can also be made soy free by using another non-dairy milk.