The longer that I stay on a nightshade-free (and dairy-free, cinnamon-free, no msg) diet, the more I begin to enjoy simple pasta dishes. Don’t get me wrong, if eating tomato sauce didn’t make me sick (migraines, hives, stomach upset) I would eat it in a heartbeat.
But, that is not an option at the moment.
Whatever your reason for wanting a dairy free pesto, this is a great basic recipe. And it makes enough for leftovers so you can always have some on hand.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Brown 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Add more or less olive oil based on your preferences.
- Serve atop your favorite pasta.
Nightshade free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, egg free, soy free, and corn free.