Seeing as it’s the 4th of July here in the States, I thought it would be incredibly appropriate to post a deliciously simple burger recipe. But this isn’t just any burger recipe. It’s a recipe for the easiest, juiciest, and most delicious turkey burger there is.
Also, these balsamic caramelized onions? 👌🏼
Do no skimp on the onions. I promise they make these turkey burgers next level.
This, coming from a recent convert to the likes of ground turkey. I was getting pretty sick of our beef, pasta, or vegetarian rut, and knew that The Husband would be game for whatever turkey related meal I put in front of his face.
So I tried out a few recipes, including these incredible turkey and sweet potato meatballs. They gave me the confidence to put even more turkey-themed recipes on the menu.
These turkey burgers are born out of that new-found confidence.
Declare your independence from the boring old burger and grill up a batch of these Easy Turkey Burgers.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 large onions
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Slice onions into rings.
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat and add onions, oil, and vinegar. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to turn translucent. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid that's one size too small for the pan so it fits snugly around the onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions shrink to 1/3 of their size and become buttery soft; about 25 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and incorporate with hands.
- Form into 4 patties.
- If grilling: Heat to medium and spray heavily with a cooking oil spray or put down 2-3 layers of aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil spray. Add patties to the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
- If cooking on the stovetop: Heat 1-2 tbs oil in a pan over medium heat. Add turkey burgers and cook for 7 minutes on each side, or no longer pink inside.
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, corn free, soy free, and egg free.