I’m just gonna go ahead and say it.
These blondies are freakin’ amazing.
There is no need to beat around the bush or to build them up and taunt you.
I’ve already made 2 batches. In 4 days.
And The Hubster (who hates chocolate) finds them to be as irresistible as I do.
Just do yourself a favor and make sure to always keep the ingredients on hand.
I plan to. Because I also plan to bring these to any event that requires food.
A decadently healthy dessert courtesy of [url="http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/flourless-chocolate-chip-chickpea-blondies-with-sea-salt-vegan-gluten-free-healthy/" target="_blank"]Ambitious Kitchen[/url].
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Cooking Spray
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or any other nut butter you prefer)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus additional chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8x6 or 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Nightshade free, dairy free*, gluten free*, wheat free*, soy free, corn free, and egg free.
*If you need to avoid dairy and/or gluten, make sure to use something like Enjoy Life Brand chocolate chips. They are the top 7 allergen free plus a few more.
PS—A huge shout-out to Ambitious Kitchen for creating such an amazing treat.