You might be impressed at the fact that I made my own pita chips for The Hubster’s birthday party. You would probably be less impressed if you knew just how easy it was.
Because, really. It was ridiculously easy.
So easy, that I’m running out of things to tell you about them.
I could go all health coach on you and tell you that making your own pita chips is healthier. That most pita chips sold in the store are laden with enriched flour (read: stripped of the good stuff so they had to add it back in), sodium, and a host of other unpronounceable.
But I won’t.
I could go all foodie on you and tell you that you could add a litany of herbs and spices. That you could make up any combination you like and it would be equally amazing.
But I won’t.
Because I could just give you the recipe, so you can see for yourself.
A super satisfying and totally dress-up-able snack that everyone will enjoy.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 bag favorite pita (we used the Small Multi-Grain Pita from Aladdin's Baking Co.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice pita rounds into strips or quarters. They're your chips. Do what you want!
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle (or spray) with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Flip. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until edges start to brown and turn crispy.
- Let cool.
- Serve with your favorite hummus .
Nightshade free, dairy free, corn free, soy free, and egg free.