My Mama told me that she was getting bored with the recent deluge of refrigerator oats recipes. And like the good daughter that I am, I listened.
(Don’t worry, I’ll post some more refrigerator oat recipes next week.)
The Hubster has been enjoying some Lemony Kale Hummus all week. On sammiches, of course.
It’s a go-to lunch for him; quick and easy. And, of course, incredibly tasty.
With the addition of the kale, it’s also a super healthy choice.
Win. Win. Win.
7 minsPrep Time
- 1 (15-oz.) can chick peas (aka garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tahini
- 3-4 tbs lemon juice
- 3 leaves kale, stems removed and chopped loosely
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 (heaping) tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Place chickpeas into blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes.
- Add olive oil and pulse until mostly mixed in and smooth.
- Add in minced garlic, tahini, and lemon juice. Pulse until mixed thoroughly.
- Add kale, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped parsley and pulse again until parsley is mixed throughout.
- Serve with your favorite pita chip, veggie, or other dip-able item. Or on a sammich, like The Hubster.
- Consider making a double batch so that you won’t have to hide any!
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Egg Free.