These oven-fried potatoes make my heart go pitter-patter.
I have been in love with these gems since I was a kid. My entire family could eat 10lbs of potatoes in a matter of 5 minutes. It was even my go-to birthday side every. single. year.
Sadly, my love affair with these spectacular spuds had to be put on hold for a few years due to a few unsightly food sensitivities (nightshades, I’m looking at you).
I only rediscovered them a month or so ago as I was looking through old cookbooks for recipe inspiration.
That first bite of oven-fried potatoey goodness was sublime. They were soft and seasoned to perfection. Just like I remembered them.
And The Hubster — who clearly doesn’t have the same emotional attachment to the potatoes — goes ga-ga for them too.
My only suggestion: make a double batch.
10 minsPrep Time
45 minsCook Time
- 3-4 large unpeeled baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges. The thinner you cut them, the faster they cook. And even become a little crunchy.
- Place potatoes into a glass baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients (oil through pepper) and mix until potatoes are completely covered.
- Put into oven and bake for 45 minutes or until soft and tender with some crispy bits. Feel free to check in on the potatoes halfway, and even turn them over.
- Serve with your favorite meal, or just grab a fork and dig in!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Egg Free.