It happened again.
The Hubster and I went to Casbah for dinner. And I had another amazingly inspiring custom meal. That made me want to rush home and create something similar. Kind of like that time I had squash in my pasta.
Each bite brought with it another ooh and a gutteral aah.
Everyone should be able to experience a meal like that. Food intolerances or not.
Casbah gave me the gift of good food. And now, I’m paying it forward. And giving the gift of good food to you.
I love you too.
Another pasta dish inspired by my meal at the ever fabulous Casbah in Pittsburgh.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (we used Oriechette)
- 1 sweet onion, loosely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 generous cup of corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in large saucepan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and garlic. Saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add asparagus. Cook until bright green, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add in corn. Cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes (longer if frozen).
- Mix corn mixture in with pasta and serve!
Nightshade free, dairy free, soy free, and egg free. This recipe can also be gluten free and wheat free if using a gluten free pasta.