Looks like there’s a new breakfast in town. And it goes by the name of refrigerator oats. Known aliases are breakfast porridge, overnight oats, or no-cook oats.
But you can just call it a party in your mouth.
It’s the perfect summer treat. Easy to make. Requires zero cooking. And is a great way to highlight all of that summer fruit.
I managed to make three batches this weekend: chocolate peanut butter, strawberry, and peach + honey. Each a totally different flavor profile. And each a brand new, mind-blowing experience.
Spoiler alert: I’ll be posting recipes for them all.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 peach, cut into bite sized bits
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Mix all ingredients (in order) in a small glass container (covered pyrex, tupperware, mason jar, old jam jar, etc)
- Shake (or stir) to combine ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit over night.
- Take out in the morning for breakfast, grab a spoon, and enjoy your delightfully delicious breakfast.
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, Corn Free. *If you are avoiding wheat and/or gluten, make sure to use Certified Gluten-Free Oats.