This recipe was an instant favorite in our house. And when I say instant favorite, I mean from the instant it hit The Hubster’s lips. I was more than a little shocked at his enjoyment, as The Hubster normally hates peanut butter. But, love it he did.
This dish is ridiculously simple. And totally flexible. You can add what ever veggies you have on hand. We usually throw in carrots, snow or snap peas, peas, and broccoli. But don’t just take my word for it. Try it for yourself.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1lb lomein noodles or linguine
- 2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- carrots, peeled and cut
- snow peas and/or snap peas
- water chestnuts
- Cook noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth and the next 4 ingredients (broth through rice vinegar); stir until well-blended.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: you can add more vegetable broth if it thickens too much.
- Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Saute veggies of choice and add to noodles.
- Cover with peanut sauce and mix well.
- Sit your butt down to eat or else it will be gone before you know it!
Nightshade free, dairy free, corn free, and egg free. Can also be made wheat free and gluten free depending on choice of noodles.