I have been trying my best not to inundate you with baked oatmeal recipes, even though they have become a bit like my refrigerator oats obsession over the summer.
And, IT’S BEEN KILLING ME NOT TO SHARE THEIR GLORIOUSNESS WITH YOU.
Okay. Maybe that was a bit dramatic. The truth is, these are fantastic. And you could do a million and one different combinations and still not get sick of them.
So far, I’ve tried four different flavor combination (including strawberry). All have been incredible. And all with be forthcoming.
Making a batch of baked oatmeal on Sunday morning has become a bit of a ritual.
The flavor for the week depends on what fruit we have in the house, and what appeals most. Everything gets chopped, mixed, poured, and baked.
And while the oven is doing all the hard work, I sit and read.
And when it’s done baking, I read and eat.
Two of my favorite activities. Together. On a lazy Sunday morning.
Now that’s the kind of ritual I could get into 52 weeks of the year. (Sorry, Mr. Alexander. I’ll leave the getting up at 5:30am every Sunday bread baking ritual to you.)
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups pear, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine oats, quinoa, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, ginger, and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add pear and mix in.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Transfer serving portion to an oven safe bowl or ramekin.
- Sprinkle with sugar (optional).
- Place in oven for 7-10 minutes or until warm all the way through.
- Serve immediately!
*The Wheat and Gluten Free status of this recipe is dependent upon your choice of oats. Make sure to use Certified Gluten Free oats to avoid any contamination.