If you hadn’t guessed already, baked oatmeal is totally my new thing.
Which is kind of ironic, really, considering my first taste of it was close to a year ago.
Same thing happened with chocamole. And, well, you know how that ended. With a whole lot of still a thing.
This baked oatmeal started with a trip to Trader Joe’s. They had baskets of plums on sale and I was craving some new fruits. The bananas and (gasp) grapes I had been eating most of the Winter were getting a bit boring.
I kind of figured that The Hubster would just eat them all in a matter of days. When he didn’t, I had to think of something else to do with them. That, and we ran out of the pear-ginger baked oatmeal from the week before.
If that wasn’t a sign from the Universe, I don’t know what is.
What I do know, is that this is an amazing breakfast treat.
I also know that I have eaten the same healthy (and filling) breakfast every morning for the past month now. And have yet to get sick of it.
That’s the stuff of miracles, if you ask me.
Side note: can we talk about how gorgeous and colorful this is?!
I could just be getting really sick of seeing orange (sweet potatoes, squash) and beige (pasta, pasta, bread, pasta) on my plate, but the colors here are just gorgeous. They inspire more than my belly. They inspire my eyeballs, too.
It must be getting closer to Spring and Summer.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 11/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4-5 plums, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine oats, quinoa, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add plums and mix in.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Transfer serving portion to an oven safe bowl or ramekin.
- Sprinkle with sugar (optional).
- Place in oven for 7-10 minutes or until warm all the way through.
- Serve immediately!
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free*, Gluten Free*, and Soy Free.
*The Wheat and Gluten Free status of this recipe is dependent upon your choice of oats. Make sure to use Certified Gluten Free oats to avoid any contamination.