I feel like pumpkin and squash have overtaken my kitchen lately.
And you know what? I’m 100% okay with that.
There is just something so satisfying about a bowl of home cooked granola.
Easy, delicious, and so much more budget-friendly than the store-bought variety.
But the best part is how amazing it makes your house smell when it’s cooking.
Know what else is amazing?
That my newest obsession for oats has nothing to do with a refrigerator.
Seriously, it’s too cold for that.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil (coconut or canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and ground flaxseeds.
- In a smaller bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, oil, and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients in with dry, and mix until oats are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture into a thin layer (~1/4 inch thick) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Break oats into bite-sized chunks and transfer to a storage container.
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free*, Gluten Free*, Soy Free, Egg Free, and Corn Free. *Recipe is Wheat and Gluten Free when using Certified Gluten Free Oats.