Recipe: Pumpkin Chia Refrigerator Oats
Bet you thought I was done posting recipes for refrigerator oats.
So did I.
But with all of this unseasonably warm weather we’ve been having, it just felt appropriate to keep on eating them.
It also felt appropriate to transition the refrigerator oats into more fall-friendly flavors, making pumpkin the necessary next ingredient.
I went the lazy route and used canned pureed pumpkin because we had it on hand. But you could be a total rockstar and make your own pumpkin puree.
I also decided to keep it pretty plain, and skipped any fancy spices. Mostly because I tried a mix of allspice, nutmeg, and cloves and it was kind of…well…disgusting.
That’s what I get for not being able to use pumpkin pie spice (damn you, cinnamon sensitivity).
I bet if you used the real pumpkin pie spice blend, it would be pretty spectacular. Kind of like having pie for breakfast. And really, who wouldn’t want to do that.
- ½ cup rolled oats*
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Mix all ingredients in order in a small glass container (covered pyrex, tupperware, mason jar, old jam jar, etc).
- Shake (or stir) to combine ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit over night.
- Take out in the morning, grab a spoon, and enjoy your delightfully delicious and healthy breakfast.