Since this seems to be the week of recipe renovations, I thought it made sense to talk about these hot potatoes.
I am on a quest to make the perfect crispy baked sweet potatoes fries. And I am still on that quest. Even after my latest batch of dinner spuds.
These sweet spuds are tasty. They are flavorful. And they are soggy.
In case you didn’t know, soggy is the antithesis of crispy.
THE ANTITHESIS, PEOPLE.
(I might just have to give up and fry the little bastards.)
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 yams, evenly sliced into french fry shaped chunks
- 1-2 tbs corn starch
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1-2 tbs olive oil (regular or spray)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place corn starch, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a ziploc bag.
- Add yams and shake what your mama gave ya, until all fries are coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spray (or coat) with olive oil until covered.
- Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes, flipping at the 8 minute mark.
- Remove from oven, serve with your favorite burger, and devour. Just don't expect them to be
Dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, egg free, and soy free.