It’s kind of hard to call this an actual recipe. It’s more like a suggested order of things. That ends up creating a fall delicacy. One that was coveted in our house growing up.
We had a lot of fun with the pumpkin carving, the dissection of the guts, and the cleaning of those slippery little suckers.
When it came time to decide on the flavorings, The Hubster requested that we keep it simple. So we did.
Salt. Pepper. Seeds.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Seeds from a pumpkin
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove pumpkin seeds from pumpkin and place into large bowl.
- Run seeds under cold water, and remove stringy orange pumpkin remnants.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet (or two, depending on how many you have).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until seeds begin to dry out and turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Put atop your favorite salads or eat them plain. Either way, they're delicious.
- For your reference:
- This recipe is
- It is also
- nightshade free
- dairy free
- soy free
- wheat free
- gluten free
- egg free
- cinnamon free
- , and contains
- no MSG
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free, corn free, and egg free.