This week has seen a return to the kitchen, a return of inspiration to actually cook, and a return of new recipes posted to the blog.
Sadly, it also saw a return of a large number of my food sensitivities.
Damn you stress. Damn you.
As a result, I’m back on the Nightshade Free bandwagon. I’m also back on the Dairy Free bandwagon (never really got off that one), the Corn Free bandwagon, the Gluten Free bandwagon, and the Sugar Free bandwagon.
Sounds like fun, right?
The good news is, I’m enjoying the challenge of menu planning within the limitations above. And trying so many new recipes.
Like this one for roasted sweet potatoes. We paired them with some bison burgers (no bun for me). You can pair it with whatever you like.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread into a single layer on a large baking sheet. Do not crowd, or they will get soggy.
- Place into oven (if using a convection oven, drop temp to 425F), and cook for 30-40 minutes (20-25 if using convection) or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, transfer to your favorite serving bowl or plate, and ENJOY.
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, and Corn Free.