Apparently The Hubster’s birthday party created an opportunity for me to play in the kitchen.
Not that I’m complaining, or anything. I had a grand old time getting everything together. Including this new take on an old favorite. The Hubster’s favorite, that is.
It’s got a bit of a sophisticated bite to it, with the addition of white balsamic vinegar. And a bit of character with the peanut butter. Yeah…I ran out of tahini. A happy accident, so to speak.
No matter. This is a double batch of awesome, perfect for holiday parties or book clubs.
It’s also perfect for Tempeh Sandwiches. And to dip carrots and cucumbers in. And to throw caution to the wind, and top your favorite salad with it.
So. Many. Options.
Hummus with a sophisticated twist: balsamic vinegar!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs natural peanut butter
- 4 tbs lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley (2 tbs fresh)
- Place chickpeas into blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes.
- Add olive oil and pulse until mostly mixed in and smooth.
- Add in minced garlic, tahini, peanut butter and lemon juice. Pulse until mixed thoroughly.
- Add red onion, vinegars, salt, and pepper. Pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped parsley and pulse again until parsley is mixed throughout.
- Serve with your favorite pita chip , veggie, or other dip-able item.
- Consider making a double batch so that you won’t have to hide any!
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, corn free, soy free, and egg free.