The very first time I bought sriracha, I had to return it.
One week after purchasing it, I was diagnosed with a nightshade sensitivity, ruling out all things made with chili peppers. To say I was bummed would be an understatement. But I suppose I didn’t really know what I was missing when it came to the sriracha.
Fast forward 6 years, and sriracha finally made another appearance on our shopping list.
Only this time, I didn’t have to return it.
Which is pretty darn fantastic, because I’m kind of obsessed with it now.
I add a little squirt into ketchup for a little kick. I add a dot into stir-fries and fried rices. But my absolute favorite way to use it? When making hamburgers.
They’ve pretty much taken over my life. And it’s the only way I want to eat hamburgers now. The Hubster too. The last time we had these, he said “I’m not sure where you got the idea for these, but I am so thankful that these have come into my life. They are damn good burgers.”
I kid you not.
If beef isn’t your thing, I’m pretty sure that you could add a tablespoon or two of sriracha to your favorite veggie burger recipe and it would be killer.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 tbs sriracha sauce, depending on spice preference
- 1 tbs minced onions (dried)
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix (with hands) until combined.
- Form into patties (we typically make 3-4 depending on how hungry we are.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Place burgers in pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned, flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes (or until desired doneness).
- Serve on a bun of your choice (wheat, gluten-free, lettuce) with your favorite toppings.
Dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, corn free, soy free, egg free.