It’s been weeeeeeks since my last baked oatmeal post. It’s also been weeks since I’ve had some.
This must change. And pronto.
Because this stuff is seriously delicious. And it’s still seriously cold outside, making anything else for breakfast seem crazy.
With strawberries showing up at the store—and actually tasting pretty darn good—this flavor combo is the perfect go-to as Mother Nature tries to get her shit together in the weather department.
Speaking of getting your shit together, this meal will totally help you do that.
Don’t have time in the morning for a hearty breakfast? One batch will get you through an entire week. No cooking involved breakfasts, or suffering with a bowl of cereal. You can even bring it with you to work, and enjoy it there.
It’s also something that your entire family will love. Hello, most amazing wife//mother//girlfriend//person on the planet.
I mean, The Hubster loved it so much, he took a break from his regular two-egg-omelette-with-toast breakfast routine for this stuff. It’s that good.
It’s so good that I’m considering wrapping up this blog post as quickly as humanly possible so that I can go make myself another batch of this breakfast delicacy.
I’ll post the recipe first, though. So we can enjoy it together.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 11/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs chia seeds (optional)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine oats, quinoa, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add strawberries and mix in.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Transfer serving portion to an oven safe bowl or ramekin.
- Sprinkle with sugar (optional).
- Place in oven for 7-10 minutes or until warm all the way through.
- Serve immediately!
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free*, Gluten Free*, and Soy Free.
*The Wheat and Gluten Free status of this recipe is dependent upon your choice of oats. Make sure to use Certified Gluten Free oats to avoid any contamination.