Last week was a game changer for me.
It brought a new breakfast to life in my kitchen: refrigerator oats. An easy no-cook, no-effort, super healthy way to start my day.
And, like my beloved smoothie, refrigerator oats have endless possibilities when it comes to flavor combinations.
Last week, my flavor obsession was peach + honey. This week? It’s the spectacular strawberry.
Truth be told, they are both delightful for very different reasons.
This time, jam is the sweetener of choice. And who can resist melt-in-your mouth sweet strawberries in peak season? It’s so simple it’s divine.
Do your taste buds and your belly a favor: make these purdy little oats for the rest of the week.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs strawberry jam
- 3-4 strawberries, cut into bite sized bits
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Mix all ingredients (in order) in a small glass container (covered pyrex, tupperware, mason jar, old jam jar, etc)
- Shake (or stir) to combine ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit over night.
- Take out in the morning for breakfast, grab a spoon, and enjoy your delightfully delicious breakfast.
Nightshade Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free. Soy Free, Corn Free, Egg Free. *If you are avoiding wheat and/or gluten, make sure to use Certified Gluten-Free Oats.