You read that right.
Another sweet potato recipe.
And this one has been a bit of a breakfast addiction lately. As in, must-have-this-every-single-morning-or-I’m-not-satisfied kind of addiction. Started when I was avoiding gluten. And has continued well after getting to add all of the gluteny-goodness back into my life.
Besides, you most definitely cannot go wrong with a breakfast potato that takes the same amount of time to cook as an omelet.
(And for the record, this post was not sponsored by Calphalon. Though, I kind of wish it was.)
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 narrow and long medium-sized sweet potato
- 2 tbs olive oil
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash sweet potato well and slice into coins about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread over baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat with olive oil and spread around seasonings.
- Place in oven and cook for 7 minutes. Flip, and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Serve aside your favorite omelet (or main dish).
Nightshade free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, corn free, soy free, and egg free.