Looking to switch up your breakfast routine? Have friends coming over for brunch and want to impress them without having to spend all morning in the kitchen? Want to do all of that and keep it healthy?
This Sweet Potato Frittata is calling your name. It’s insanely delicious.
Good enough, in fact, to go crazy and make it for dinner.
Caramelized Onion and Sweet Potato Frittata
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1 large sweet potatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/6 cup milk (soy, almond, rice, cow)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a 12-inch, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions and saute until onions are translucent, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sweet potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender, 6-7 minutes.
- Beat eggs together with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the eggs in the skillet over the filling.
- Using a spatula, raise the cooked egg off the bottom of the pan, allowing more of the still-liquid eggs to settle on the bottom of the pan.
- When the frittata has set, transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, remove from oven and add fresh basil on top.
- Put back into oven and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Nightshade free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, corn free, and soy free.