The Hubster has recently discovered that he has a full on addiction to hummus. And when I say addiction, that’s putting it nicely.
He requests a new batch before the old batch is even gone. He notices when someone else (i.e.—ME) has been eating the hummus. And he gets a little grumpy when it’s gone.
I suppose it could be worse. He could be addicted to other things.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 (15-oz) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tahini
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbs red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Place chickpeas into blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes.
- Add olive oil and pulse until mostly mixed in and smooth.
- Add in minced garlic, tahini, and lemon juice. pulse until mixed thoroughly.
- Add red onion, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. pulse again until smooth and creamy.
- Add chopped parsley and pulse again until parsley is mixed throughout.
- Serve with your favorite pita chip, veggie, or other dip-able item.
- Consider making a double batch so that you won't have to hide any!
Nightshade free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, soy free, corn free, and egg free.