So… we went to Sam’s Club this weekend to stock up on a few things and came home with a whole lot more than we bargained for. Mostly because THE DEALS, but also because I’m a total sucker for massive cartons of fruit and cannot leave without grabbing one of each.
I typically don’t regret that decision until we get home and try to fit it all in our refrigerator. How the feck are you supposed to fit enough fruit for a small army into one measly little crisper drawer? The answer is you can’t.
Good thing I love fruit and a good challenge.
My mission this week: eat all the fruit so a.) it doesn’t go bad, and b.) there is room for things beside fruit in our refrigerator.
Whether you're in need of a little sunshine or just a little something sweet, this smoothie is just what the doctor ordered.
- 2/3 cup strawberry chunks
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 2/3 cup frozen banana
- 1/2 -3/4 cup milk, juice, or water*
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a bit more liquid.
- Pour into your favorite glass (or not), add a straw, snap a photo, and post on Instagram while enjoying that sweet smoothie goodness.
Nightshade free, dairy, free, wheat free, gluten free, egg free, corn free, and soy free*.
- Use whatever liquid you prefer; cow’s milk, non-dairy milk, juice, water, or any combination thereof. Some days I prefer unsweetened almond or cashew milk, and some days I prefer some white grape juice with a little water. It all depends on your taste preferences and what you have on hand. Don’t be afraid to play around and see what you like.
- Trader Joe’s has THE BEST frozen mango in their freezer section. It’s seriously the only way I’ll use mango for smoothies these days. Feel free to use a fresh mango and add it in as is.
- I generally buy 2 big bunches of bananas at a time and let 90% of them turn brown so that I can slice them up into big chunks, place them on a baking sheet and freeze them. It makes the morning smoothie routine that much quicker because all I have to do is reach into the freezer and pull out a few chunks. No peeling. No slicing. No microwaving frozen bananas that were chucked into the freezer still in their peel… (See photo below.)
- If you DO happen to make this and post a photo on Instagram, please tag me (@emilylevenson)! You can also use the hashtag #ELeats if you want to go the extra mile!