The Hubster seems to go back and forth with these burgers. Sometimes, they are in his good graces. And sometimes, they are not.
Which is okay, I suppose. The man knows what he likes (lentil burgers), and will be faithful to them until the day he dies.
I like these burgers because they help me eat more greens like spinach without really trying.
The Hubster doesn’t care, since he eats greens with breakfast every morning.
The Hubster doesn’t care, and in fact prefers those two.
I like these burgers, because…I do.
Good thing I’m the cook.
10 mins Prep Time
10 mins Cook Time
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (15-oz) can white beans
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper to taste
- cooking oil (canola, safflower)
- Place oats into blender, pulse on high until it becomes the consistency of flour (about 1-2 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash white beans.
- Saute spinach over medium-high heat, until just stating to wilt; 1-2 minutes. Add to white beans.
- Add remaining ingredients (including oat flour) together in a large bowl.
- Form into patties and place into a skillet with oil.
- Cook over medium-high heat, lightly browning on each side.
- Serve on bun of your choice and enjoy!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, Corn Free.