It’s no secret that I have become obsessed with Pinterest.
It’s also no secret that I get tired of looking through decadent desserts and other unhealthy recipes. So, I decided to do something about it. I created a Healthy Eats board to start proliferated the good stuff online. (Want to be a contributor? I’d love to add you as a contributor to the board so you can help spread the health.)
I inadvertently stumbled upon this recipe in my healthy pinning efforts. I was intrigued. The Hubster was intrigued. I knew it would be making an appearance in the near future.
And because we don’t really stock bread crumbs, I decided to make this one gluten-free. We eat enough bread on a day-to-day basis, why not switch it up a little.
The tahini sauce was a nice addition to the party. Added a smooth creaminess to the smooth and creamy zucchini patties. Also made it feel a bit more like a falafel than a veggie burger. Which was welcomed.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats, finely ground (a.k.a. oat flour)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1-2 tbs dried parsley (1/4 cup fresh)
- oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley (for garnish)
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in zucchini, onion, oat flour, chickpea flour, salt, and parsley.
- Form into patties. I got 6-8 out of the batch.
- Heat oil in a medium to large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute patties until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with tahini sauce, or in pita's like the original recipe suggested!
- In a food processor combine garlic and tahini.
- Add kosher salt.
- Remove from food processor and add olive oil and lemon juice.
- If too thick, add 1 tsp of warm water at a time until desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nightshade free, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free, egg free, and corn free.