I’ve become obsessed with a blog called The Oatmeal Artist.
She has taken making oats to an art form. No joke, she has hundreds of recipes featuring the humble oat. That’s some serious dedication. And love for oats.
Since stumbling upon the site, I’ve been trying my hand at some new baked oatmeal recipes. So far, I’ve tried the Apple Nut Butter Baked Oatmeal, the Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal, and the Peanut Butter Cookie Baked Oatmeal. All seriously delicious.
The Babe has also started to eat more oats. Since she’s officially gotten the hang of oat cereal, I’ve been trying to add some new flavors into the mix.
The most recent one: apple + strawberry puree and oats.
She freakin’ gobbled it up. As in, ate more of this than any other food she’s ever eaten. I had to go back and make seconds.
With The Babe being so enamored by it, and me liking the sound of the flavor combination, I decided that Strawberry-Apple Baked Oatmeal had to be in my future.
Is it weird that I’m inspired by baby food?
Wait. Don’t answer that.
This is hands down my new favorite breakfast.
I love it more than refrigerator oats. I love it more than the other baked oatmeals I’ve made. I love it more than eggs and hashed browns.
It’s a really good thing they are super easy to make.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 small apple, grated (or 1/3 cup applesauce)
- 1/2 cup apple cider, or water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- oil or non-stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a single-serving ramekin (or oven safe bowl) with non-stick spray or coat with oil.
- Grate apple and add to a large bowl.
- Add remaining wet ingredients: cider, vanilla extract, and strawberry preserves and stir.
- Add dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared ramekin or bowl and place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Dairy free, nightshade free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free, egg free.