Sometimes you just get a hankering for zucchini banana bread. And sometimes, you just have to eat an entire loaf of (gluten free, dairy free, and nightshade free) zucchini banana bread all by yourself. In one sitting. Because it’s that good.
Sometimes you just get a hankering for zucchini bread.
Sometimes, it comes right after being gifted 5 of the most massive zucchinis you’ve ever seen. Sometimes, you get so excited about said zucchini’s that you make a boatload of zucchini fritters and have to run out to the store and buy 5 more just so that you can make this zucchini banana bread.
And sometimes, you just have to eat an entire loaf of (gluten free, dairy free, and nightshade free) zucchini bread all by yourself. In one sitting. Because it’s that good.
And you won’t even find me feeling a little bit guilty about that choice.
I mean, this zucchini bread is practically all vegetables. And by practically, I mean it HAS vegetables in it. And fruit. And is therefor dubbed a health food. I mean, if pizza can count as a vegetable, why the hell can’t this?!
This is seriously going to be my breakfast, lunch, and after-every-meal snack for the rest of the week. And by week I totally mean until I am forced to make another batch, which will be tomorrow. Which is a-okay in my book.
Sometimes you just get a hankering for zucchini bread. And sometimes, you just have to eat an entire loaf of (gluten free, dairy free, and nightshade free) zucchini bread all by yourself. In one sitting. Because it's that good.
15 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas (about 1 1/2 cups), mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, liquid squeezed out with hands
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Measure out almond milk and add lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until the almond milk sours.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, almond milk + lemon juice mixture, eggs, oil, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold the shredded zucchini into the batter then transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack to cool then lift the loaf out of the pan, slice and serve.
Dairy free, nightshade free, gluten free, wheat free, corn free, and soy free.
*In order for this recipe to be officially nightshade free, you will need to choose a gluten free flour mix that is also free from potato starch. Here is a list of 4 gluten free flour mixes that are also nightshade free.