I love to read.
Prior to having a baby, I could be found spending hours meandering through the library, touching books and pulling titles that sparked my interest. I’d return home with 10-15 books at a time.
Some I’d read and devour instantly. Others would sit on my nightstand collecting dust until I had to bring them back. Occasionally I’d start reading a book, only to realize after a chapter that it wasn’t something I wanted to continue reading.
These days, I’m a bit more discerning. Only choosing books that have been recommended or I know I will enjoy. (Or, the ones that mysteriously find their way into my Kindle. I’m talking to YOU Beyond Past Lives.)
Every now and then I pick up a book that seriously changes my life — it opens my mind up, crumbles my previously held notions about the world, and sets my brain on fire. The following 10 books would easily fit that description.
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss, Ph.D.
- Beyond Past Lives by Mira Kelley
- Life Shift: Let Go and Live Your Dream by Aleta St. James
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Feel the Fear…and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers, Ph.D.
- Dancing with Life by Phillip Moffitt
- Make Miracles in Forty Days by Melodie Beattie
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
What about you? What books have changed your life, for better or worse? Any I should add to my must-read list?