My Sweetest Girl:
As you embark on your third trip around the sun, there are a few things that I’m holding in my heart for you.
- That you always know how special and how very loved you are.
- That you continue to be an observer and an engager.
- That you hold onto your confidence and strength, no matter what life throws your way.
- That you always stand up for what you believe in.
- That you embrace adventure and exploration for the rest of your days.
- That you find a way to express yourself, whether it’s through your clothing choices, your coloring, or any other channel that makes you happy.
- That you will give and receive love, freely and without limits.
- That you never compromise your ideals. Ever. Even if that means not wearing socks or eating yolks in your eggs.
- That you always feel the same sense of excitement and joy when you see the people you love.
- That your days are filled with a laughter so big and loud and infectious (and occasionally maniacal) that it brings joy to you and everyone around you.
- That you will continue to sprinkle your magical fairy dust wherever you go. (UNHEX, girl. UNHEX.)
- That you will change the world with your brilliance.
Being your mama has been one of the greatest gifts of my life. Your love and laughter is the best medicine I’ve ever experience. And you’ve helped me grow by leaps and bounds.
I’m excited to see what’s in store for us both in the coming year.
You’re the best, gorgeous.