When I first connected with this week’s guests — Lis Hubert and Meghan Seawell — I knew I needed to talk with them more. Their podcast, Adrift on Purpose, is all about being intentional with how you live your life; of living from a place of purpose and connection versus one of obligation and expectation.
Yeah, I know.
There were so many great takeaways from our conversation, including what security and success really look and feel like, what it feels like to live from obligation versus intention, the role fantasies and daydreams play in the journey, and the importance of support along the way.
I hope you find a nugget or two in here that helps you explore more deeply with how intention and obligation show up in your own lives.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Meghan and Lis’ interview? Do you feel like you’re living your life out of obligation or from a deep sense of purpose?
- The impetus behind starting Adrift On Purpose and what it means to Lis + Meghan
- Failing at the life you should be living versus succeeding in the life you chose
- What life looks like when you decide to live with intention
- Predictability versus contrast and remaining present through the transitions
- Adjusting expectations and the highs and lows of living life on your own terms
- How the show has intertwined with their own personal journies
- What interviews or nuggets have been transformative for Meghan on her journey
- How to know when you’ve gotten off course and what it feels like to live from obligation versus intention
- The power of fantasies and daydreams to help us connect with our purpose
- How to course correct when things are out of alignment
- Tiny steps, connecting with your joy, and being aware of your values and beliefs
- Support systems, naysayers, and the importance of leaning on your community
- Being deeply rooted in the present moment
- What everyday magic looks and feels like to both Meghan + Lis