The Babe and I have been watching a LOT of Sofia the First together. It’s been her favorite show for as long as she’s been watching television and there isn’t a day that goes by where she doesn’t say WATCH SOFIA MAMA.
Yesterday, we watched an episode called Bunny Swap where Sofia’s best friend (and pet rabbit), Clover, gets mixed up with another bunny and has to find his way back to the castle.
Along the way, Clover meets up with a marsupial named Sassafras who is loves helping poor, lost creatures find their way home. She takes Clover under her wing so that he can find his way back home. Along the way, they come across a brambleberry bush and offers a handful to Clover before they make their long journey back to the castle.
I had just assumed that the brambleberries were some sort of made of fruit for the show.
Today, I learned that they are anything BUT a made up thing. In fact, it’s something that we’ve been enjoying regularly in our house and have even been making into the most delicious of smoothies.
So what exactly ARE brambleberries?
The deliciously dark and nutrient dense blackberry!
And I only figured it out because I was Googling the health benefits of blackberries in the hopes of figuring out what to call our newest smoothie concoction. The things you learn…
Blackberry, Pineapple, and Spinach Smoothie
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 2/3 cup frozen banana or 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup spinach packed tight
- 3/4 cup almond milk or liquid of choice
- Place pineapple, blackberries, frozen banana and almond milk in the cup of your blender.Pulse several times to break up banana chunks and then blend on high for 30 seconds.Add in spinach and blend again for another 30-60 seconds or until smooth.
Boost your immune system, ease your digestive woes, strengthen your cognitive abilities, and help your muscles relax with this blackberry, pineapple and spinach smoothie. Your entire body will thank you
*This is an affiliate link.