This week’s episode is all about exploring the magic of self-confidence. Which, let’s be honest, is something that a lot of women (myself included) struggle with. The good news is, you can absolutely change that and build your self-confidence one small action at a time.
Sheena Yap Chan, the podcaster and blogger behind The Tao of Self-Confidence, was kind enough to sit down with me and dive deep around what self-confidence is and how to cultivate more of it in our own lives. Spoiler alert: it has everything to do with being authentic, taking action, and taking good care of ourselves.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Sheena’s interview? What steps can you take today to embrace your story and love up on yourself?
- An introduction to Sheena and her podcast, The Tao of Self-Confidence
- How Sheena became interested in the topic of self-confidence
- Authenticity and how that directly impacts the way we feel about ourselves
- How the markers of success are meaningless without knowing how someone got there
- What Sheena has learned about confidence from interviewing close to 500 women
- The power of making mistakes and coloring outside the lines
- Embracing the idea that if you can see it, it’s possible
- The role of community in Sheena’s transformation
- How Sheena cultivates confidence in her own life
- Simplifying things — whether that’s clothing, the decisions we make each day, or the food we eat
- Learning to let go and how that transformed Sheena’s life
- Creating our own definition of success
- The logical, rational approach versus the intuitive, feeling approach
- What everyday magic looks and feels like to Sheena