As someone who’s been on the spiritual path for the better part of a decade, I am always on the lookout for people who just GET IT. You know, people who share an interest in growing and evolving and who are open to things like yoga, meditation, tarot, and energy work.
So when I came across Eryn Johnson of the Living Open podcast, I knew that she was someone I wanted to connect with and get to know better.
Eryn is a Philly-based creative, healer, and seeker who is passionate about yoga, reiki, tarot, and storytelling. In this episode, Eryn talks about how all of these things have come together in her life to help her peel away the layers and become connected with her divine truth. It’s equal parts personal journey and an introductory course on the power of yoga and mudras, energy work, and tarot.
If you’re looking to go on a spiritual journey of your own and are interested in learning more about things like reiki, tarot, mudras, and how they all tie in with yoga, this episode is for you. And if you’re also looking for others who just GET IT, I would highly encourage to reach out to Eryn online and say hello.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Eryn’s interview? What are your thoughts on things like reiki, mudras, and tarot?
- An introduction to Eryn Johnson and what she does
- Eryn’s path to finding her purpose, including a trip to India to learn yoga
- What reiki is and how it found it’s way into Eryn’s life
- Connecting with the moments that matter and how Eryn has been able to tune into that
- Why Eryn says that reiki has been a return to her inner knowing
- Believing in feelings versus needing to understand in a rational way
- Embracing the wholeness of our experiences
- Tarot as a guide and a spread to use for insight into your current state
- How Tarot came into Eryn’s life and what it has meant in her journey of self-discovery
- Combining yoga with tarot in a very physical way
- Mudras and how to use them in your everyday life
- 3 of Eryn’s favorite mudras and how to use them (see below for link)
- The story of The Fool and the meaning behind the card for this conversation today
- The big picture of energy work and how the journey of learning, curiosity, and opening up our hearts has the potential to change the world
- Finding and following what makes you feel good
- Why Eryn says we have to surrender control at some point in order to find happiness
- Eryn’s definition of everyday magic and how it unfolds in her life
Connect with Eryn online:
- Lindsay Mack + her February’s monthly medicine around blossoming in the void
- The Biddy Tarot 3-card exercise (scroll down to the final spread in the post called
Deep Dive into the Major Arcana)
- Eryn’s 3-card spread + Emily’s 3-card spread
- Alexandra Franzen
- A primer on mudras
- 12 mudras to shift your energy (with pictures of the Garuda, Padma and Anjali Mudra)
- The Women’s Book of Healing: Auras, Chakras, Laying On of Hands, Crystals, Gemstones, and Colors* by Diane Stein
* This is an affiliate link.