I’m really excited to be sitting down with Catherine Beard of The Blissful Mind this week to talk about the importance of mindfulness and self-care, two topics that I have become pretty focused on as of late.
Our conversation starts with the power of awareness, as Catherine shares how mindfulness found its way into her life and what it’s changed as a result. We also talk about the difference between mindfulness and meditation, as well as the tools that allow you to be more mindful in your everyday life. We round out the conversation with a discussion about self-care and mindfulness and how they are integral pieces of the same puzzle.
And while all of those things are pretty darn great, my favorite part about this conversation is how Catherine is able to make mindfulness approachable and grounded in our current reality. Because without mindfulness, life becomes a never-ending sprint to the finish line of acquiring more things without really pausing to appreciate the journey that got you there.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Catherine’s interview? What role does mindfulness play in your own life?
- An introduction to Catherine Beard and what she does
- How Catherine got into mindfulness by way of minimalism and a capsule wardrobe
- The power of awareness and how that has changed Catherine’s journey
- Knowing better versus doing better
- Our daily choices and how routines help to keep you on track
- How to create a morning or evening routine that works for you
- The difference between meditation and mindfulness
- Easy ways to infuse more mindfulness into your day
- Mindfulness and eating — finding a way to slow down and savor each bite
- Self-care and how that relates to mindfulness
- Consumer-based self-care versus true holistic self-care
- Self-care versus laziness and where do you draw the line
- The chicken and egg question around self-care and mindfulness
- The boundaries between work and play and how mindfulness plays a role
- Mindfulness and religion. Is there room for both?
- Catherine’s definition of everyday magic and how it shows up in her life
- Journaling and how Catherine approaches it as a tool for mindfulness
Connect with Catherine online:
- The original interview on Nourish + Flourish with Catherine
- Posts from The Blissful Mind around morning routines
- The self-care power hour that Catherine follows
- Why self-care is more than bubble baths and spa days (Emily’s blog post)
- Automatic writing
Hit me up:
- Twitter: @emilylevenson and #somekindofmagic
- Instagram: @emilylevenson and #somekindofmagic
- FB Page: Emily Levenson
* This is an affiliate link.