There are days (okay, all of them) that I am in a rush to get dinner on the table. Where I have approximately 5 minutes before a hangry meltdown transpires. I also typically have a little person hanging off of my body and/or wanting to help.
Needless to say, most recipes I make these days are quick, easy, and something that won’t kill The Babe if she’s in the kitchen helping.
One-pot pastas fit the bill and then some.
I chop, The Babe transfers it to the pot.
I continue chopping, The Babe stirs everything in the pot.
I finish chopping, The Babe is busy smashing the tomatoes and flinging the dried pasta noodles out of the pot.
And 12 minutes later, dinner is officially on the table.
Which makes The Husband extremely happy.
Tomato Basil One-Pot Pasta
- 12 oz linguine or penne
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil loosely chopped
- 2 tbsp oliveoil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or pot.Bring to a boil over high heat and cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente and water has nearly evaporated; about 12 minutes.Serve hot!