Sarah Williams, the adventurer and podcaster behind Tough Girl Challenges, shares more about the greatest adventures of her life; from the physical challenges she embarked like climbing Mt. Kilaminjaro, running in Marathon Des Sables, and hiking the Appalachain Trail in 100 days to the mental challenges of pushing herself to her limits and remaining intact.
Sarah shares so many truth bombs during our conversation that I know I’ll be coming back to listen to it over and over again. So get out your notebook and pen and settle in for a conversation that is sure to leave you wondering how you can challenge yourself — both physically and emotionally.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Sarah’s interview? What’s one thing you can do today to challenge yourself and experience something new?
- An introduction to Sarah Williams and Tough Girl Challenges
- Where the idea for Tough Girl Challenges came from
- When something that challenges you becomes your new normal
- Sarah’s experience running the Marathon Des Sables
- Stretching outside of your comfort zone and making it bigger
- Breaking down the images of how other people see you
- The masks Sarah was wearing and how her adventures/challenges helped her to shed them
- Imposter syndrome and the difficulty of transitioning from a secure job to a life of adventure
- Value and success versus money and how those have all become intertwined in our society
- How pushing your body to the limits really takes down your mental walls and start to get a truer understanding of who you are
- The power of doing something new and uncomfortable
- The building blocks of mental resilience
- What it takes to overcome sabotages
- Why Sarah believes that change happening from the inside out
- The cumulative impact of change and stretching yourself
- Sarah’s journey on the Appalachian Trail
- The purpose of Tough Girl Challenges and what will be coming in the future
- Starting your own Tough Girl Challenge
- What everyday magic looks and feels like to Sarah
- Where to find Sarah Williams online: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | toughgirlchallenges.com
- The Tough Girl Podcast
- Marathon Des Sables
- Creating on Purpose* by Anodea Judith and Lion Goodman
- The Slight Edge* by Jeff Olson
- Sarah’s time on the Appalachian Trail
- Tough Girl Tribe (Sarah’s Facebook Group)