Money. The very thought of it can make people squirm in the seats. The word alone has the power to conjure up feelings of anger, jealousy, despair, excitement, fear, anxiety, and gratitude. The good news is, money doesn’t have to be a dirty word. And our relationship to it can truly be life-changing.
Which is why I’m so excited to be sitting down with my good friend Jenny Karlsson, the brilliant mind behind Financials for Creatives. Jenny is, in my estimation, the perfect combination of left and right brain, with a love for both photography and numbers.
Our conversation is a candid one and focuses on both the practical and softer sides of money. We talk money mindset and how the stories we carry around money, success, and work really impact our relationship with money. We also explore how Jenny uses tarot and crystals to support her work, as well as the more traditional approaches like budgeting, spending plans, and YNAB.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I have and that it gives you plenty of food for thought when it comes to your personal relationship with money.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from Jenny’s interview? How can you begin to shift your relationship with money by embracing some of the tools Jenny shared?
- An introduction to Jenny Karlsson and the work she does through Financials for Creatives
- Where Jenny’s love for numbers came from
- The problem with looking left to right versus inside when it comes to money
- Money as a data point and how to make sure your spending and your values are in alignment
- Money blocks, self-worth, and how those things relate to our feelings about money
- The stories that we have told ourselves over the years about money and how they’ve impacted our lives
- Why having a coach is a godsend when it comes to working through our money “stuff”
- How Jenny uses non-traditional tools like tarot and crystals to address money issues
- Having a JOY budget and setting aside money for the things that bring you joy
- Using crystals to help support your money goals
- Why Jenny loves and recommends You Need A Budget
- What everyday magic looks and feels like to Jenny
- Connect with Jenny Karlsson online: Website | Instagram | Pinterest
- Profit First* by Mike Michalowicz
- Sacred Creators Oracle by Chris-Anne Donnelly
- You Need A Budget (YNAB)
- Morning Pages by Julia Cameron