You know how there are some days that show up and cradle you in its arms, guiding you to the most amazing experiences, helping you connect with the exact right people at the exact right time, deliver the most perfect meal, and end with a foot rub in bed while binge-watching your favorite show?
Because those days are freakin’ unicorns that happen once in a lifetime. Instead, it goes a bit more like today:
- The Babe freaked out and screamed MAMA TAKE ME WITH YOU for a solid twenty minutes when I dropped her off with my aunt. Ripping her off of me and walking away while she was screaming was like a goddamn dagger to the heart. (Not even five minutes later, I got a text with a photo of a laughing, happy little angel. So, yeah. THANKS KID.)
- I got rerouted twice due to road closures. Once on the way to my aunt’s and once on the way to the event I ended up being twenty minutes late to because of the aforementioned screaming and hollering.
- The Babe had to take her afternoon nap in the car because we couldn’t make it back home in time before having to head back out to a birthday party. Meaning, she got in 30 minutes before waking up completely disoriented and pissed and screaming and MAMA OUTTTTTTTTT for the duration of our car ride.
- I randomly found that my childhood home is for sale and had a weird journey down memory lane looking through the listing photos. I may or may not have begged my mom to buy the house so The Husband and I could move in and live happily ever after.
- The Babe loaded up with sugary goodness in the form of a chocolate cupcake the birthday party and managed to have a meltdown or two while there. Because nothing is more fun than sugar highs (and subsequent crashes) when paired with an overtired toddler.
- I, thankfully, missed the biggest meltdown of all because I headed out to a happy hour immediately following the birthday party. A glass (or two) of wine and hamburger later, and I feel like I’ve lived through five different days in one.
Hope you’re day was a little smoother.