One of the things my inner critic tells me a lot is that I’m not good enough at anything.
It says things like,
- I’m a good writer, but not good enough to land a feature on a really big publication.
- I’m a good blogger, but not good enough to grow my following beyond a certain point.
- I’m a good designer, but not enough to do it for a living.
- I’m a jack of all trades, master of none.
- I’m smart, but I’m not smart enough to be considered a thought leader.
- I was a good food blogger, but certainly not the best out there.
- I’m really good at copying what I see, but couldn’t create something like that on my own.
- I’m only good because I’ve been doing it for a long time.
It’s even gotten sneaky and said things like, I did good, but SHE did better.
So I thought I’d channel my best inner girlfriend and tell myself what SHE would say. Which is that I’m being ridiculous and am WAY better than I give myself credit for.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it.