I am thrilled to be sitting down with De Lisa Patterson, brand mixologist and all around creative. One, because she’s freakin’ hilarious. And two, because she is a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.
De Lisa’s journey starts with a tale of loss — of a job, a relationship, and her self-confidence all at the same time. She shares how those losses took their toll, and also how they shaped her journey. De Lisa offers practical tips for staying in the room and sitting with the discomfort, as well as mindset shifts that were profound for her own transformation.
We also touch on the importance of patience, mindfulness, and gratitude. Three things that have played a major role in my own life and journey.
I’d love to hear from you!
What stood out most from De Lisa’s interview? What do you think about her perspective around worth, loss, and confidence?
- An introduction to De Lisa Patterson and what she does
- Coping with loss (of a relationship, a job, self-esteem) and how that has shaped her journey
- Redefining your purpose, particularly when you get knocked down from where you thought you belonged
- Why De Lisa says that everything you do leads you to the next thing
- Feeling unloved and unworthy and how De Lisa found herself again
- The power of movement and how that helped De Lisa shed the “weight” of the pain and grief
- How focusing your energy outward can be the antidote to grief and loss
- Staying in the room and sitting with discomfort
- The questions De Lisa asks herself in order to get herself back on track
- Focusing your energy on the things you CAN do instead of on what you can’t
- Staying connected to the present moment to keep anxiety at bay
- Why worrying about what may or may not happen is unproductive
- How experiences from De Lisa’s past influenced her future
- Being wealthy in life and what that means for De Lisa now
- The power of vision and staying true to your beliefs
- It’s not possible or practical until it is
- Learning to be patient and trusting in the journey
- It’s okay if you don’t get your stuff when everyone else got their stuff
- De Lisa’s definition of everyday magic and how it shows up in her life
Connect with De Lisa Patterson online:
Hit me up:
- Twitter: @emilylevenson and #somekindofmagic
- Instagram: @emilylevenson and #somekindofmagic
- FB Page: Emily Levenson
* This is an affiliate link.